Sunday, December 31, 2017

Disclaimer

Content:
Any pictures, artwork, box art, captions, etc. are copyright Hasbro, Marvel, Sunbow, IDW, or any of the other respective copyright owners. I lay no claim to ownership of these images, nor do I draw any profit from them. This is a fansite dedicated to the rich history & mythos of Transformers with the end goal of celebrating and promoting the brand.

The only thing I lay claim to are my opinions in posts and personal accounts of growing up a Transformers fan.

As a Transformers fan for my entire cognitive life, it is impossible for me to provide sources for every piece of information gleamed & recorded here. I've done so much research, reading, and digesting of Transformers history and media over the past 3 decades that it would be impossible to site every source of inspiration for my posts. As such, no similarities in opinion or content are knowingly nor intentionally reproduced.

External Links:
If I do happen to lean heavily on content or information gleamed predominantly from a known source of influence, I will post a link to the website (for example TFWiki or BWTF.com) for the respective page covering the relevant content.

Other times I may post links to external sources just because I believe they offer solid content and a well-reasoned counter-viewpoint to my own.

Post Format:
I would like this blog/website to be a resource of reliable information for Transformers fans new & old, as such I believe it is important to recount issue/episode plot synopsis as sterile and unbiased as possible. As such, I will typically leave these plot breakdowns as opinion free as possible, thus allowing someone to get (re)acquainted with the content, without having their view tainted by my own personal view of the merit/quality of the respective issue/episode. My analysis, opinions, and commentary will be listed below the plot breakdowns in a separate section of the post, so that someone can easily read the write-up on the subject matter, without being subjected to my personal opinions on the content, if they so desire. And so my recommendation, would be to read the plot breakdown on any content you are unfamiliar with, and then seek it out for yourself and make your own judgment on the material, before diving into my critical analysis of it.

In the modern day it has become extremely easily for whole groups of people to become dismissive towards whole genres of fiction or comic/TV series, just because their initial exposure to the content was a snarky or humorous roast of the material, and not the material itself. I have no problem with that type of review or analysis of the material, I just do not wish to personally contribute to a biased (whether that be positive or negative) view of the work. Media is something that should be digested and analyzed for merit based on one's own mileage, and I do not want to color anyone's first exposure to an episode or comic issue by adding commentary during the "Plot Synopsis" portion of my write-ups. Something I hate could very well be something someone else loves, and I do not wish to deny them discovering the material themselves, just because they were turned off from my commentary during the plot breakdown. Again, that is no indictment on other sites that present the plot synopsis/content material with a running commentary, just not how I wish to present the material on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment